Monday, November 22, 2004

Nearly there

Yesterday was catching up day, and I think I mostly did, thanks to all the good writing karma from Christina, Lannie, Isiyanka, Dado HV et al. It was high quality karma, and lasted me right through 5,618 words. Current total 47,584.

This was too much for Ada, who stayed up all night to make sure she got to 50k before me. And made it! Hope she can sleep at work today.

At the moment I'm not writing in any kind of book order. I'm basically taking individual characters through a long train of thought. Oh, and I am making backups.

So what did I write yesterday in these 5,618 words? I won't give them all to you:

"And then what happened?"
"Nothing! She stood there, all the time we sang. Absolutely nothing happened."
"But I thought you said something did happen?" Arina shook her head. She didn't understand the story.
"Well, the fact that nothing happened is something! She should at least have sunk to her knees from all that power, but she just stood there. Even when they released her after the final amen, she was still ...standing."
"I think I begin to understand. Something should have happened, but didn't, and this is important?"
"You have it exactly!" Nancy clearly didn't understand how little sense she was making, nor did she pick up the sarcasm in Arina's statement. "Then Greer looked at them and said they should try again. She even kneeled. So they linked hands again and tried to touch her, but they couldn't get close."
"So still nothing happened?" Arina prompted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home