Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Valentine, the audio book!

Well, not quite. In the forums I saw a thread entitled Rich, Sexy voice in search of prose. That's kinda hard to ignore. It seems that The Far Smoother Podcast is podcasting NaNoWriMo, and has decided that book excerpts are the way to go .

Well, I'd only written 196 words and he wanted about 1667. No problem, I wrote some more and sent them to him.

The podcast appeared yesterday. You can listen to it here.

I think he's done a lovely job, and I doubt he even had a producer. Of course, when you have such a brilliantly sexy piece of prose to work with, how can you go wrong?

:D

I do audiobooks all the time, so it was interesting to hear his performance of MY book. The voices are quite distinctive, I think. His diction is clear. And yes, he does have a very sexy voice. I must send aspirant sexy voices to take lessons from him.

It was quite inspiring to listen to, though, so I upped my word count to just over 10,000. Christina said the voice made her downright horny, so that's her happy. Paul sat chuckling through it and agreed the guy does have a rich, sexy voice and wanted to know how soon I could publish so he could hear the rest.

I guess the e-book format could work well as an audiobook, if you had a decent mp3 player that will let you hop from one sequence to another of your choice. I'll think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home