Tuesday, November 01, 2005

NaNo? NoNo.

Finishing Redemption just didn't happen.

So what happens now?

Well, I was just going to give up on NaNoWriMo and go it alone. That's what I told Terrifried.
But she said:

"Sounds like we're in the same boat, Janet! But in my case I have FOUR unfinished masterpieces (*not*) so it seems really daft to add yet another rush job to the pile.

I think you and I should change the NaNoWriMo rules slightly (I figure that after 3 straight years of keeping to the rules and winning, I'm entitled!). Shall we both aim to have one finished, ready-to-publish MS by November's end?"

Yeah, I'm up to that challenge.

Not entirely sure about ready-to-publish, but I'll certainly go for end of first edit. At least then I will have something looking like a book!

Then I trawled the forums looking for like minded souls. In the Rules and Regulations part, I found this question:

"My plan for this year was to continue the "novel" I started in 2003's NaNoWriMo. At 50,000 words, I had just gotten the two main characters in the story to meet.

My plans were just to pick up where I stopped - of course, starting my word count at zero, and just skimming through my notes of what I've already written. I created this whole outline of what I wanted to happen to these people, and I really didn't get there last time - I spent the time setting up the world, I guess."

So I am not alone. A NaNo moderator answered the post saying

"Everyone is welcome at NaNoWriMo. There are a lot of folks who write alongside of the 30 day novelists (I think we just call them participants). .. I think we all have lots of encouragement to give each other, whether the task is exactly the same, the goal is identical ... write like a fiend!"

Write. I mean, right. That settles it.

I've started a thread in the alumni lounge for like-minded souls. It's here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home