Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The end ain't nigh

Since receiving Chris Baty's kind invitation, I haven't written a word of Redemption. Though I have been trawling around the nanowrimo forums a little. What did I find? Free novel writing software.

Regretfully, this does not generate a complete novel automatically.

However, it does help you keep track of where your novel is, what parts need to be written, and apparently even has a timeline so you can track when things happened in the novel. As much of Redemption happened 900 or so years before the main story, I don't know how useful this will be for me. But if you're writing a murder mystery and solving it depends on who saw what when, that could be an entirely different kettle of fish.

Right now I'm transferring my existing manuscript into the program.

It looks like it will be a good tool for outlining the next book.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home