Thursday, October 20, 2005

Countdown to Nanowrimo

Other people are counting down the days and hours. I'm counting down the words.

Which reminds me, have I told you how much I like this yWriter software? I'm already looking forward to doing my first edit.

Now that I've cut and pasted the bits of Redemption that I've actually written, I can print a little outline which shows me clearly what still needs to be written. I've moved some things that were in the wrong place into the right place, or at least a better place. And I have - gasp! - actually added around 500 words to the book!

He has just released an upgrade which has a target word count in, I guess to be nanowrimo friendly. Unfortunately, he hasn't put in the green bar, which is the real motivator. But that may still come.

The other point of interest is that he writes humorous science fiction, which gives me something new to read. I like humorous science fiction/ fantasy, which makes me wonder why I'm writing such a dark, gothic fantasy? But it's one of those things, the characters take over.

I already have my query letter planned. "It would be nice if I could tell you I have written a truly bizarre book. The fact is, the book has largely written itself."

Perhaps with this software, I can persuade the book to finish itself now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home